Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Non-gamers Just Don't Understand

After having the party rogue apparently stab my big bad wyrmpriest right in the base of the skull, I felt I needed to talk my feelings over with someone. One of my players kindly recommended Eliza.

Eliza: Hi. I'm Eliza. Tell me your problems!
You : My players' characters keep stabbing my NPCs IN THE BASE OF THE SKULL
Eliza: Perhaps you would like to talk about a problem?
You : Yeah, my players' characters keep stabbing my NPCs IN THE BASE OF THE SKULL
Eliza: What does this mean for you, saying " Yeah, your players' characters keep stabbing your NPCs IN THE BASE OF THE SKULL "?
You : It means they're a bunch of homicidal misfits
Eliza: I understand!
You : OK, so what should I do?
Eliza: Do you in your dreams, too?
You : My dreams aren't really the problem.
Eliza: Come on! I'll tell nobody about your problems!
You : Never mind.
Eliza: I'm not sure wether I understand you!
You : Yeah, well, you can't spell "whether" right, either.

So, y'know, that didn't go so well. Non-gamers just don't understand.

No comments: