Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dangerous Cats and Wounded Artists

Posts this week might be kind of thin. Partly I'm ending each work day not even wanting to look at a computer. Mostly I don't have any new illustrations because Jen's drawing hand is out of commission. I'm starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel of random sketches she drew for me a month or so ago.

A bit of advice to any cat owners among the readership: If you are awakened at 3AM by the sound of your cat having a hissing match with a neighborhood stray through the screen in the front window, do not attempt to remove the cat from the window sill. In the dark. While he's still in full-on kill mode.

You might end up with your right arm out of commission due to a deep infected cat bite on the forearm and some claw gashes across the hand. Then you won't be able to draw the sketches your husband's blog relies on to retain readers, since they're probably the only reason most of the readership comes by.

Or something like that. Anyway, if anyone would like to wish Jen a speedy recovery here or at her blog, I'm sure she'll appreciate it. If you simply must have some RPG content, might I suggest reading and posting a comment to this week's Weekly What the Heck. This week's monster is shaping up to be doozy, but more input can only make it even wilder.

1 comment:

ChaoticBlackSheep said...

In my defense, I am not that with-it when I have been awakened at 3 AM by cats spatting. I just wanted to get the window closed, since our screen is now horribly lacerated, and inspect my cat for any scratches he may have sustained despite the screen separating them. And I don't believe that I was the one who left the window open.